Effective: January 15, 2020
Hardworkers, Inc. is a worker-focused company. Our professional digital community of working-class Americans lets workers showcase skills, stay connected with people in their industry, and celebrate professional achievements in an authentic and fun way.
Information We Collect
There are three basic categories of information we collect:
● Information you provide.
● Information we get when you use our services.
● Information we get from third parties.
Here’s a little more detail on each of these categories.
Information You Provide
When you interact with our services, we collect information that you provide to us. For example, most of our services require you to set up a Hardworkers account, so we need to collect a few important details about you, such as your name, password, email address, and phone number. We may also ask you to provide us with some additional information that will be publicly visible on our services, such as a profile picture, employment information, current location, or union membership. Other services, such as Hardworkers Portfolio may require you to provide us with a flag to indicate which posts you want added to your portfolio.
Of course, you’ll also provide us whatever information you send through our services, such as posts, including photos, videos and other visuals or information that you may attach to them, comments, and fist bumps (i.e. likes). Keep in mind that the users can always save your content or copy it outside the application. So, the same common sense that applies to the internet at large applies to Hardworkers as well: don’t post comments or share content that you wouldn’t want someone to save or share.
When you contact customer support or communicate with us in any other way, we’ll collect whatever information you volunteer or that we need to resolve your question.
Information We Get When You Use Our Services
When you use our services, we collect information about which of those services you’ve used and how you’ve used them. We might know, for instance, that you liked a particular post, spend a certain period of time on a given page of the application, or commented on a post. Here’s a fuller explanation of the types of information we collect when you use our services:
● Usage Information. We collect information about your activity through our services. For example, we may collect information about:
● how you interact with our services, such as which posts you like or comment on, what posts you add to your professional profile, or what tabs you spend time on.
● how you communicate with other Hardworkers, such as their names, the time and date of your communications, the number of fist bumps (i.e. likes) you post or comments you write, and your interactions with posts or Hardworkers accounts (such as when you open them).
● Content Information. We collect content you create on our services and information about the content you create or provide, such as if the recipient has viewed the content and the metadata that is provided with the content.
● Device Information. We collect information from and about the devices you use. For example, we collect:
● information about your hardware and software, such as the hardware model, operating system version, device memory, unique application identifiers, unique device identifiers, and time zone.
● Device Phonebook. Because Hardworkers is all about communicating with friends, we may—with your permission—collect information from your device’s phonebook.
● Camera, Photos and Videos. Many of our services require us to collect images, videos and other information from your device’s camera, microphone, and photos. For example, you won’t be able to take pictures or upload photos from your camera roll unless we can access your camera or photos.
● Log Information. We also collect log information when you use our application and website, such as:
● details about how you’ve used our services;
● device information, such as your web browser type and language;
● access times;
● pages viewed;
● IP address;
● identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser; and
● pages you visited before or after navigating to our application and website.
Information We Collect from Third Parties
We may collect information about you from other users and third parties. Here are a few examples:
● Applications developers, publishers, and other third parties may share information with us as well. We may use this information, among other ways, to help target or measure the performance of our app.
● If another user uploads their contact list, we may combine information from that user’s contact list with other information we have collected about you.
How We Use Information
What do we do with the information we collect?
● develop, operate, improve, deliver, maintain, and protect our products and services.
● send you communications, including by email or phone. For example, we may use email to respond to support inquiries or to share information about our products, services, and promotional offers that we think may interest you.
● monitor and analyze trends and usage.
● personalize our services by, among other profile information, portfolio information, or customizing the content we show you.
● enhance the safety and security of our products and services.
● verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
● use information we’ve collected from cookies and other technology to enhance our services and your experience with them.
● enforce our Terms of Service and other usage policies and comply with legal requirements.
How We Share Information
We may share information about you in the following ways:
● With other users of Hardworkers platform and our business partners. We may share the following information with other users of Hardworkers platform:
● Public information about you, such as your name, username, location, occupation, union membership, and profile pictures.
● Content you post on Hardworkers such as posts, comments and fist bumps. Content may be seen by any users of Hardworker platform.
● Any additional information you have directed us to share. For example, Hardworkers will share your information when you connect your Hardworkers account to a third-party application, and if you share information or content from Hardworkers to the third-party application.
● With third parties. We may share information about you with service providers who perform services on our behalf, including on third-party websites and applications.
● We may share information about you with business partners that provide services and functionality on our services.
● We may share information about you, such as device and usage information, to help us and others prevent fraud.
● We may share information about you for legal, safety, and security reasons. We may share information about you if we reasonably believe that disclosing the information is needed to:
● comply with any valid legal process, governmental request, or applicable law, rule, or regulation.
● investigate, remedy, or enforce potential Terms of Service violations.
● protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our users, or others.
● detect and resolve any fraud or security concerns.
● We may share information about you as part of a merger or acquisition. If Hardworkers, Inc. gets involved in a merger, asset sale, financing, liquidation or bankruptcy, or acquisition of all or some portion of our business to another company, we may share your information with that company before and after the transaction closes.
We may also share with third parties that provide services to us or perform business purposes for us aggregated, non-personally identifiable, or de-identified information.
Third-Party Content and Integrations
Our services may contain third-party content and integrations. Through these integrations, you may be providing information to the third party as well as to Hardworkers. We are not responsible for how those third parties collect or use your information. As always, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of every third-party service that you visit or use, including those third parties you interact with through our services.
How Long We Keep Your Information
Hardworkers stores your information for periods of different length. For example:
● We store your basic account information—like your name, phone number, email address, employment, location, and union membership— and posts you share on Hardworkers until you ask us to delete them.
● We’re constantly collecting and updating information about the things you might like and dislike, so we can provide you with more relevant content.
If you ever decide to stop using Hardworkers, you can just ask us to delete your account by contacting email@example.com.
Keep in mind that, while our systems are designed to carry out our deletion practices automatically, we cannot promise that deletion will occur within a specific timeframe. There may be legal requirements to store your data and we may need to suspend those deletion practices if we receive valid legal process asking us to preserve content, if we receive reports of abuse or other Terms of Service violations, or if your account or content created by you is flagged by our automated systems for abuse or other Terms of Service violations. Finally, we may also retain certain information in backup for a limited period of time or as required by law.
Control Over Your Information
We want you to be in control of your information, so we provide you with the following tools.
● Access, Correction, and Portability. You can access and edit most of your basic account information right in our application. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a copy of information that isn’t available in our apps in a portable format, so you can move it or store it wherever you want. Because your privacy is important to us, we will ask you to verify your identity or provide additional information before we let you access or update your personal information. We may also reject your request to access or update your personal information for a number of reasons, including, for example, if the request risks the privacy of other users or is unlawful.
● Deletion. While we hope you’ll remain a lifelong Hardworker, if for some reason you ever want to delete your account please contact us at email@example.com. You can also delete some information in the application, like photos you’ve posted.
Our services are not intended for—and we don’t direct them to—anyone under 13. And that’s why we do not
knowingly collect personal information from anyone under 13. In some cases, this means we will be unable to provide certain functionality to these users. If we need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your information and your country requires consent from a parent, we may require your parent’s consent before we collect and use that information.
We’ll start with a summary of your rights and get into the details later.
● You have the right to know whether we sell your data and opt-out of a sale if we do. Good news! We don’t sell your data.
● You have the right to receive an overview of the personal information we collect, how we use it, and who we share your data with.
● You can request access to your data, get a copy, and ask us to delete your personal information.
● Reach out to us to exercise your California rights by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right to know what personal information we collect. You have the right to request details on the specific personal information we’ve collected about you by contacting us at email@example.com.
Right to know who we share your data with. We do not sell your data, but we do share your information with others for legitimate business purposes. For example, we use service providers to store and host your data. See the Sharing Your Information section below for more details.
Right to deletion. You have the right to request deletion of your data, unless an exception applies. Examples of exceptions include when we need to keep data to meet legal obligations, detect fraud, investigate reports of abuse or other Terms of Service violations, or fix security issues. Once we’ve verified your request, we’ll delete your personal information (unless an exception applies) and will direct our service providers to do the same.
Get a timely response. You have the right to make two free requests in any 12-month period. We will respond to your request within 45 days, and in more difficult cases we may extend our response time by another 45 days. Our support team is pretty great, so they tend to respond a lot quicker. The easiest way to get information is by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Non-Discrimination. It goes without saying, but we will not hold it against you when you exercise any of your rights. In fact, we encourage you to review your privacy settings closely and reach out to us with your questions.
The easiest way to exercise your rights is by logging into your account so we can verify your identity. You can also email us, but then we’ll require some additional information to authenticate your identity and ownership of your account.
We Don’t Sell Your Data
We don’t sell your data.
Information We Collect
In the last 12 months, we’ve collected the following personal information:
A. Identifiers, such as your name, display name, phone number, location, unique personal identifier, online identifier, IP address you’ve used to access our services, email address, username, or other similar identifiers. We mainly use these to offer our services, for example to create your account and create posts on Hardworkers platform.
B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records provisions, such as your name, telephone number. Keep in mind that some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
C. Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as your gender and date of birth. The main purpose for collecting this information is to verify your age, ensure you are eligible to use our services.
D. Commercial information, such as products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies. For example, we may keep this information when you engage with posts on our platform.
E. Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as session logs, search history, information on a consumer's interaction with a website or application.
F. Geolocation data, such as your physical location. We don’t use your device’s location information.
G. Electronic, visual, or similar information, such as posts and other visual content.
H. Inferences drawn from other personal information. We may use this information to create a profile reflecting your preferences and characteristics.
We may collect this data when you provide it to us, when you use our services, or when we receive it from third parties.
For your information, personal information does not include publicly available information from government records and de-identified or aggregated consumer information.
Sharing Your Information
We may share your personal information to a third party for a business purpose or at your direction. For example, we share your personal information with our data hosting and storage providers. We enter into agreements with our service providers in which they can only use your information for specific purposes and are required to ensure its confidentiality.